Well, that’s a nice surprise! I was nominated for the…
Here are the rules for anyone who wants to play. (blatantly copy/pasted from above)
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
- I’ve been homeless before, though luckily got into a shelter very quickly.
- I’m queer.
- I’ve been a socialist of one type or another since I became politically aware in my teens. I don’t like to talk about it much though, I’ve always hated people who evangelize.
1. Why do you blog the way that you do?
I try to get everything out in a single draft so that I don’t start censoring myself or start trying to piece my thoughts into a narrative in the moment. I’m sure it makes things a little harder to read, but for me this blog is a tool to create a log of my thoughts and feelings over a long period of time. Once I feel more confident in my knowledge, I think I’ll try writing more formally.
2. What is your useless super power?
I can read IPA, though I’ll admit I’ve gotten rusty because there’s really no good reason for me to have learned it.
3. What is the greatest thing that ever happened to you?
Being taught that I can be happy.
4. Do you believe in miracles?
I don’t think they like, exist in the real but… actual material space is complicated, way too complicated for us to really get second hand through our senses. And then – FUCK! – something really weird happens to us we can’t comprehend, we can’t even describe it to ourselves in a metaphor, it just is. And we’re all steeping in this Fortean udon and collectively we assign little narratives to it. Sometimes it makes sense to lots of people at once. Sometimes not. Like, Betty and Barney Hill probably never actually floated up into a spaceship, but you hear them talk and obviously something really fucking weird happened to them. And if the narrative they constructed was a little more mainstream, would people still think that they were nuts? You might be thinking, “why the fuck is this asshole talking about ufos” and the answer is I’m bad at getting to the point. So, even though miracles don’t actually exist I think they’re effectively real and I believe in them, because I think they’re hardwired in us collectively and become a part of reality.
A much better answer would be, yes.
5. What would you do if you had one million dollars?
I would pay off my student loans, buy a new car, move, and go back to school. Which doesn’t sound very exciting but with that money I could do everything all at once which would be nice.
My Best Post
Sorry, I have no idea.
I just have these three…
One of the most heartfelt blogs I’ve read. Very, very highly recommended.
Uplifting and inspiring. Read it.
Very informative with a large backlog of material. His writing has been very helpful for me and a lot of people.
- What is a favorite song of yours you would feel most embarrassed about accidently playing in public?
- If you could relocate anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- If you could go back to when you first started blogging, what would you do differently?
- I’m stealing one from the list I’m supposed to answer because I’m curious. What’s the greatest thing that’s ever happened to you?
- What movie have you rewatched the most? Not necessarily your favorite, just the one you’ve kept going back to for whatever reason.